Tkinter GUI Question-Infinite Loop

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Fri Mar 8 11:12:14 EST 2013

On 08/03/2013 14:04, prquinn at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to run a simple Tkinter program that opens a program when
> you click a button.  The code is listed below.  I use a command to
> call a program that then calls a fortran program.  However, when I
> click on the button, it opens the program but the menu of the program
> i'm calling goes into an infinite loop......the offending code seems
> to be in the button1Click module.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

You say "the menu *of the program i'm calling* goes into an infinite
loop" (my emphasis), so perhaps the problem isn't in _your_ code.

Try something simpler like this:

import psspy

psspy.runiplanfile(r"C:\MNTACT\Contingency
Program\work\contingency-31-4.irf")

Does the program you're calling still go into an infinite loop?