An error when i switched from python v2.6.6 => v3.2.3

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:01:59 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM,  <info at cravendot.gr> wrote:
> I dare anyone who wants to to mess with 'htmlpage' variable value's now!
>
> I made it unhackable i believe!
>
> I'am testing it myself 3 hours now and find it safe!
>
> Please feel free to try also!

Okay, done.  I was still able to read your source files, and I was
still able to write a file to your webserver.  All I had to do was
change 'htmlpage' to 'page' in the example URLs I sent you before.
Validating the 'htmlpage' field does nothing if you also switch the
dispatch to the 'page' field.

And as far as the validation goes, from what I can see in the source,
it looks like you're just checking whether the string '.html' appears
in it somewhere.  It's not hard at all to craft a malicious page
request that meets that.

As a start, try checking that the file actually exists before doing
anything with it, and that it is in one of the directories used by
your web server.