Why is Ruby on Rails more popular than Django?

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 23:40:37 EST 2013

On Mar 8, 10:47 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:58:12 -0800, rusi wrote:
> >> My questions:
> >> 1.  Why is Ruby on Rails much more popular than Django?
>
> > "Where there is choice there is no freedom"
> >http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/1954/1954-03-03-jiddu-krishnamurti-8th-public-talk
>
> Surely that should be, where there is NO choice there is no freedom.
>
> The "Paradox of Choice" is real, that is, *too* much choice can lead to
> paralysis.

Thanks for that 'google-tip'. I guess a secular outlook would have
wider reach than a guru like Krishnamurti.  In any case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice:_Why_More_Is_Less
says more or less what Krishnamurti does (apart from the absolutes).