Config & ConfigParser

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Tue Mar 5 19:15:20 EST 2013

On 2013-03-05 15:58, Chuck wrote:
> Thanks Tim!  So much stuff I haven't thought of before.  Out of
> curiosity, what's the benefit of caching the download,  instead of
> downloading to the final destination?

If your connection gets interrupted, the server goes down, etc, you
have a partial download.  If you've put it directly in the download
path, your other programs see this partial download.  However
if your program can resume the download where it left off, once
it's completed successfully, it can atomically move the file to your
download location.  Thus your other programs only ever see
all-or-nothing in the download directory.

-tkc