Recursive function

Vlastimil Brom vlastimil.brom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 11:06:08 EST 2013

2013/3/5 Ana Dionísio <anadionisio257 at gmail.com>:
> Hello!
>
> I have to make a script that calculates temperature, but one of the
> parameters is the temperature in the iteration before, for example:
> temp = (temp_-1)+1
>
> it = 0
> temp = 3
>
> it = 1
> temp = 3+1
>
> it = 2
> temp = 4+1
>
> How can I do this in a simple way?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> --

Hi,
it is not quite clear from the examples, what should be achieved (I
guess, the actual computation is probably mor complex).
I'd probably approach an iterative computation iteratively, rather
than recursively;
e.g. simply:

def compute_iteratively(starting_value, number_of_iterations):
    tmp = starting_value
    for i in range(number_of_iterations):
        tmp = tmp + 1
    return tmp

print(compute_iteratively(starting_value=7, number_of_iterations=3))

hth,
 vbr