simple GUI environment

Eric Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Mar 5 20:35:43 EST 2013

On 3/5/2013 6:18 PM, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> Eric Johansson wrote:
>> the only thing that would make it better is if either of these kits
>> used standard Rich text edit controls under Windows so I can speech
>> enable these applications.
>
> PyGUI's TextEditor is based on the rich edit control in
> Windows. It doesn't currently expose all of its capabilities,
> but if speech is all you want, it might be sufficient.

Do you know which one?

http://www.section508.va.gov/docs/Dragon_Naturally_Speaking_Apps.pdf

(copied from the PDF, apologies for the crappy formatting)
Use supported window classes for edit controls. Dragon 10 supports the
following control classes.
(Borland controls, TE Edit, and TX Text are supported only in
Professional, Medical, Legal, and SDK
editions of Dragon.)

Vendor Control Class
Microsoft Edit, Rich Edit, Rich Edit20A, RichEdit20W, Rich Edit50W,
Inktextbox, Inkedit, RichTextBox .NET controls
Borland TMemo, TEdit, TRichEdit
Sub Systems TE Edit versions 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 (not TE Edit .NET)
Text Control TX Text versions 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and TX Text .NET