simple GUI environment

Eric Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Mar 5 09:20:37 EST 2013

I need a simple GUI toolkits like easygui pythoncard. The main reason I
discount both of those is that they are effectively dead as I can see.
Last updates in the 2010/2011 range. Has there been some toolkit to
replace them? And no, the existing wxpython/gtk/qt/... toolkits really
aren't acceptable. I need to get something done in 12 hours and I don't
have time to climb the learning curve.

The application I'm building is a tool which gathers and saves
configuration data for a specific Windows application. It needs to run
in a Windows batch file for multisystem deployment and also as a GUI
when the user is mucking about. It also needs to run as a portable app
because I can't install this on every machine. many corporate IT types
don't take kindly to utilities leaving little footprints all over the place.

The CLI version works. Simple UI, does what I need for part of the job.
Now I need to add a relatively simple GUI. The user interface will
consist of a series of tabs across the top, one for each subsystem and
the main panel beneath that will contain the UI for the tab related
task. I could fake the tabs by using a horizontal list of radio buttons
which have the same semantics as tabs but a very different look.

I could do this relatively easily with twitter bootstrap but I don't
have a standalone browser that I can embed in Python so I could build
HTML for user interface.

suggestions?

I appreciate whatever help you can give.