** UPDATE ** ~ The Perfect Guide To Actionable Programming & Thank You ~

Claira waveclaira at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:40:46 EST 2013

Thanks for the few answers, though those few were very Helpful. The problem
was that some people (even after 4 or more years of university), especially
including almost all beginners, do not know how to start building something
that does something helpful for soceity and everyone around them -- and
this is yet to be resolved.

I read a whole bunch of reviews of the learning resources I linked to last
month. Here's one I Love -- "There should be exaggerated claims of ultimate
learning outcomes without evidence"[1] My response, attached with the
answers below for reference: When wonderful talents do things like
kickstarter.com/projects/1369857650/real-python-for-web-development-featuring-web2py<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1369857650/real-python-for-web-development-featuring-web2py>--
I wonder about what is even more significant -- "Is it effective? Does
it solve the problem?" When I (and others far newer than me) have a serious
problem like this, you know, we care very much for accurate and reliable
data. When people say "Learn Python the Hardway is probably the best
resource you listed.. [and] you *will *learn the material.." when clearly
it doesn't meet standards: "I have seeen plenty of stackoverflow and
student questions about it. In short, it's horrible." I start to wonder
about the reliability of their judgement, and how partial they really are.
Even if "A friend of mine wrote the course" is not factor we care about.
Maybe hardway was the highest Quality resource out of those (I personally
liked the MIT videos from what I've seen). So maybe, but best in the room
with a low ceiling isn't very good. I try really really hard not to touch
objects of low quality (<4.9 stars)
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Python-Mark-Lutz/dp/0596158106

I've been trying to learn programming for 8 years, so I'm a great
canidiate. So Michael, I would gladly give you any feedback on the
usability of your product anytime you ask :)

[1] http://blog.oreillyschool.com/2011/12/my-thoughts-on-codecademy.html