Python script not working on windows 7 but works fine on linux

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 4 21:58:58 EST 2013

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:20:28 AM UTC+8, ian douglas wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 11:06 AM, io wrote:
>
> > esclusioni_file = open('/home/io/btc_trading/exclusions.txt','r')
>

> > Windows error :
>

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> >    File "C:\btc_trading\scripts
>
> > \import_json_2_csv_from_web_and_exclusions.py", line 10, in <module>
>
> >      f = open("/home/io/btc_trading/markets.csv","wb")
>
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/io/btc_trading/
>
> > markets.csv'
>

> The error tells you everything you need to know: the file system has no
>
> path/file called "/home/io/btc_trading/markets.csv"
>

> I imagine your CSV file lives in a different location on your Windows 7
>
> system (which also uses back-slashes '\' instead of forward-slashes '/',
>
> so you'll need to maybe do a try/except around the open() call to open a
>
> Windows path like open("c:\\users\\io\\Documents\\markets.csv") or
>
> whatever. OR you'll need to do some OS detection ahead of time to set
>
> the file path properly.

Well, I'll suggest an old trick I did long time ago to resolve
the platform dependent problem in python.

Just write a generator as a buffered input method to work under some
file of some OS correctly first, then you can pass the generator which
is tested rigorously to act properly in the function or the object which will
use the generator to sip up the data to perform jobs.