[Python-ideas] string.format() default variable assignment

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Mar 5 06:55:50 EST 2013

On Tuesday 05 March 2013 06:54:14 Mark Lawrence did opine:

> On 05/03/2013 02:54, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> >
> > <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> >> It's easy for him to
> >> deal with it, all he has to do is get a goat to eat the garden waste
> >> I toss over the fence, and his problem is solved.
> >
> > Sounds like someone got Steven's goat.
> >
> > *dives for cover*
> >
> > ChrisA
>
> It's unlikely to happen but the UK should bring back the death penalty
> when it gets that bad :)

I think another friend of mine had the most cogent observation when he
said:

You can't fix stupid, but stupid will eventually get fixed.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
People who are funny and smart and return phone calls get much better
press than people who are just funny and smart.
		-- Howard Simons, "The Washington Post"
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...