[Python-ideas] string.format() default variable assignment

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 21:11:04 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 09:53:47 -0500, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, but reply-all sends a copy to the poster as well as the list. What
>>> I want is reply-list, acknowledging the list headers... and Gmail
>>> simply doesn't have that.
>> I've been replying to the poster and the list for ages. Is it bad
>> netiquette?
>
> I find it annoying, and yes I consider it rude. When we receive messages
 Do you consider it rude that you choose to use a newsreader, thus
inconveniencing those of us who use the mailing list, as God intended.
(I honestly can't remember if there's any advantage to News, not
having used it this century)
 [Going out of my way to respond only to the list]