Why is the argparse module so inflexible?

Andrew Berg robotsondrugs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:57:32 EDT 2013

After getting over the hurdles I initially explained and moving forward, I've found that standard command-line parsing and its conventions
are far too ingrained in the design of argparse to make it useful as a general command parser. I think I would end up overriding a
substantial amount of the module to make it do what I want, and I would really rather not try to shoehorn one paradigm into another.
Unfortunately, getopt provides none of the benefits I sought with argparse, and optparse is deprecated, so I will probably be rolling my own
custom parser.

--
CPython 3.3.2 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1