Need help removing trailing zeros

bandcamp57 at gmail.com bandcamp57 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 18:02:51 EDT 2013

Hello, i'm making a calculator and I want to be able to use decimals but I don't like it when it comes out as ex.12.0 when it should be 12. I tried using .rstrip("0".rstrip(".") but that never seemed to work. If anyone has a solution please let me know, all help is greatly appreciated.

Code:

def Main():
    print(" Welcome to the Calculator! What would you like to do?")
    print("")
    print("1) Basic Operations")

    user_input = input("Enter the number corresponding with your choice: ")

    if user_input == "1":
        BasicOperations()

def BasicOperations():
    def Add():
        A = float(input("Enter the first number you want to add: "))
        B = float(input("Enter the second number you want to add: "))
        Answer = A+B
        print("The sum of", A, "and", B, "is: ", Answer)
        print("")
        Main()

    def Sub():
        A = float(input("Enter the first number you want to subtract: "))
        B = float(input("Enter the second number you want to subtract: "))
        Answer = A-B
        print("The difference between", A, "and", B, "is: ", Answer)
        print("")
        Main()

    def Mul():
        A = float(input("Enter the first number you want to multiply: "))
        B = float(input("Enter the second number you want to multiply: "))
        Answer = A*B
        print("The product of", A, "and", B, "is: ", Answer)
        print("")
        Main()

    def Div():
        A = float(input("Enter the first number you want to divide: "))
        B = float(input("Enter the second number you want to divide: "))
        Answer = A/B
        print("The quotient of", A, "and", B, "is: ", Answer)
        print("")
        Main()

    print("You have selected Basic Operations.")
    print("1) Addition")
    print("2) Subtraction")
    print("3) Multiplication")
    print("4) Division")
    print("")

    choice = input("Select the number corresponding with your choice: ")

    if choice == "1":
        Add()
    elif choice == "2":
        Sub()