Is this PEP-able? fwhile

jimjhb at aol.com jimjhb at aol.com
Tue Jun 25 12:39:53 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:30:54 PM UTC+5:30, Ian wrote:
> In my experience the sorts of people who preach "one exit point" are
> also all about defining preconditions and postconditions and proving
> that the postconditions follow from the preconditions.  I think that
> the two are linked, because the "one exit point" rule makes those
> sorts of proofs simpler.

Ah! utopia!

For every one who knows about pre/post/invariant conditions, there are 10 who follow goto-statement-is-harmful like a religious edict.

I just checked and MISRA-C 2012 now allows gotos in specific, limited circumstances.  I think it was the MISRA-C 1998 standard that caused all this trouble.  So if MISRA now allows goto, why not Python????  :)