(newbye) exceptions list for python3 classes

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Mon Jun 24 22:09:12 EDT 2013

On 06/24/2013 05:43 PM, chrem wrote:
> Le 24/06/13 23:35, chrem a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the best way to find out all exceptions for a class?
>> E.g. I want to find out all exceptions related to the zipfile (I'm
>> searching for the Bad password exception syntax).
>>
>> thanks for your help or feedback,
>> Christophe
>
> without exception, it shown:
> RuntimeError: ('Bad password for file', <zipfile.ZipInfo object at
> 0x100756690>)
>
> then I tried:
>      except zipfile.BadPassword:

You cannot just make up a name, and hope that it's a valid exception
type.  There is no such exception as zipfile.BadPassword.  There is an
exception, zipfile.BadZipFile,
as mentioned  at
     http://docs.python.org/3.3/library/zipfile.html#zipfile.BadZipFile

But of course that's not what you want.  The exception type above is
RuntimeError, the part before the colon.

--
DaveA