Making a pass form cgi => webpy framework

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:30:11 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-28 11:15, Νίκος wrote:
> Στις 28/6/2013 12:35 μμ, ο/η Robert Kern έγραψε:
>> On 2013-06-28 04:38, Νίκος wrote:
>>> Στις 28/6/2013 2:08 πμ, ο/η Cameron Simpson έγραψε:

>>> Can you explain to me the difference of the former and latter?
>>
>> A templating engine takes your data and applies it to templates that you
>> have written to generate the final HTML that is sent to the web browser.
>>
>> A web framework is a library that provides tools and a way of
>> structuring your that makes it easier to write a web application. Web
>> frameworks typically include a templating engine or provide support for
>> working with external templating engines. In addition, web frameworks
>> provide many other services, like routing URLs to specific parts of your
>> code, managing pools of database connections, handling web sessions,
>> validating form data, and connecting your code to many different ways of
>> deploying web applications without having to rewrite your code.
>
> I see, your explanation started to make things clearer to me.
> What is the easiest and simplest web framework you advise me to use?
>
> Also please provide a well written and simple tutorial i can read upon.
> Thank you.

I will not advise you to do anything. I will point you to a web framework that I
happen to like, but you will need to read its documentation to decide if it is
right for you. I cannot provide any help in installing or using it.

   http://flask.pocoo.org/
   http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/tutorial/

--
Robert Kern