Making a pass form cgi => webpy framework

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 05:35:54 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-28 04:38, Νίκος wrote:
> Στις 28/6/2013 2:08 πμ, ο/η Cameron Simpson έγραψε:

>> Pick a simple framework or templating engine and try it. I have no
>> recommendations to make in this area myself.
>
> Can you explain to me the difference of the former and latter?

A templating engine takes your data and applies it to templates that you have
written to generate the final HTML that is sent to the web browser.

A web framework is a library that provides tools and a way of structuring your
that makes it easier to write a web application. Web frameworks typically
include a templating engine or provide support for working with external
templating engines. In addition, web frameworks provide many other services,
like routing URLs to specific parts of your code, managing pools of database
connections, handling web sessions, validating form data, and connecting your
code to many different ways of deploying web applications without having to
rewrite your code.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."