Making a pass form cgi => webpy framework

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 10:57:15 EDT 2013

On 06/23/2013 07:01 AM, Νίκος wrote:> Hello, as you all know i'am using cgi method for my web script.

> I have been told that webpy is the way to go sor script simple enough as
> mines.
>
> Can you please show me the simplest example you can think of utilizing a
> templates (index.html) and a python script (metrites.py) ?
>
> I want to see if it is easy to ditch cgi and pass to the world of web
> frameworks.

I don't know anything about webpy so I can help with that.

But I did want to say that you can use templates without
using a web framework like webpy.  They are very useful
even with cgi code and can simplify the cgi code a lot.

For my web server stuff (relatively small sites with low
traffic) cgi is fine (simple, easy to debug, lots of online
documentation and help) so I don't buy the "cgi is dead"
comments seen frequently here.