What is the semantics meaning of 'object'?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Jun 23 13:36:41 EDT 2013

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:18:41 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:

> Incidentally, although super() is useful, it's not perfect, and this is
> one of my grievances with it: that a user can, based upon the name, draw
> an inaccurate assumption about what it does without reading or fully
> understanding the documentation on it, which might then result in
> misusing it.

Wait a second... are you saying that the Python developers created an
advanced language feature relating to multiple inheritance, one of the
most complex OOP concepts around, so difficult that most other languages
simply prohibit it completely, and it wasn't instantly and correctly
intuited by every single programmer based only on the name? Oh my stars,
somebody call Ranting Rick, he needs to write a PyWart post to expose
this scandal!!!

*wink*

--
Steven