newbie question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jun 22 22:49:10 EDT 2013

On Saturday 22 June 2013 22:46:51 christhecomic at gmail.com did opine:

> Writing simple program asking a question with the answer being
> "yes"...how do I allow the correct answer if user types Yes, yes, or
> YES?
>
> Thanks

AND each character coming in from the keyboard with $DF before adding it to
the comparison buffer.  Makes it all uppercase.  Then compare it to the
uppercase YES.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants,
today it's open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.
		-- Dave Barry
         law-abiding citizens.