Error running xmlrpc Client and server under different Python versions

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 04:16:07 EDT 2013

On 20 Jun 2013 08:46, <stanislav.borisover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I need to run xmlrpc Server under Python 3.3 and Client under Python 2.7.
But when I try to do so, I receive the following exception:

> "<class 'NameError'>:global name 'xmlrpclib' is not defined"

Somewhere in your code you are trying to use the name 'xmlrpclib' but it
was not imported or otherwise assigned to. Search through your code to find
the usage.

> What is the reason for such an exception. As far as I understand xmlrpc
is language independent. Please help.

The fact that it is language independent is irrelevant since this is a code
error.

Cheers