Problem with the "for" loop syntax

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Fri Jun 21 10:36:18 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-20, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On 20Jun2013 13:55, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:

>| > Thanks for that, that's quite an ingenious technique.
>|
>| The auto-indent feature of Vim catches this type of syntax error,
>| and I imagine other good autoindent support will do the same.
>
> Interesting. I use autoindent but grew up with it for prose. I
> hadn't realised vim's support inderstaood python indentation.
> I'll have to pay more attention...

A standard Vim install autoindents Python tolerably well if
you've set filetype=python. If you've got a baked-in Python
interpreter you can get even more bells and whistles. The
standard executable installs I could find don't support Python 3,
so I haven't seen all the great stuff I'm missing.

--
Neil Cerutti