Default Value

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:31:42 EDT 2013

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:37:20 PM UTC+5:30, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > So for example, if the use-case contained a statement
> > like: In order to safeguard customer-satisfaction, the
> > ATM's performance shall not degrade beyond 3 seconds
> > response time.
> > So now - according to our methodology - we need to
> > make performance, response-time and even customer-
> > satisfaction(!!) into classes.
>
> LOL!
>
> Only a fool, or a religious OOP extremist, would create
> custom objects for such things. Although, if he were forced
> to use Java, he wouldn't have any choice would he? Poor
> basterd! >:D

Shall I quote something of yours to Steven about "the ability to recognize sarcasm?"

On a more serious note, Ian's terminate function, or Chris' bug-free function which is the same by Rice theorem are different variants of the same thing:  some of the most key things of concern to the programmer cannot be modeled/reified into his program.

> The point is, no one paradigm is going to save us from the
> devil. We must take from each style it's positive
> attributes, and reject it's negative attributes. The art of
> intelligently applying multiple paradigms to solve complex
> problems should be held up as the pinnacle of greatness. If
> your going to worship something, worship achievement.

Ok -- I agree.