Default Value

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 22:55:15 EDT 2013

On Friday, June 21, 2013 9:32:43 PM UTC-5, rusi wrote:
> So Rick... I agree with you... all these theoreticians
> should be burnt at the stake! On a more serious note: many
> people make similar mistakes eg Haskellers who think
> Haskell is safe. Safer (than something or other) -- Ok
> Safe -- NO

So now you're going to attempt to defeat my idea by
suggesting that it chalks up to nothing more than a safety
measure? How many times must i explain the simple concept
of stateless subroutines and hazards of the current
incarnation Python FUNCtions (You smell the func!)

Yes you gain safety by utilizing such an implementation
over the current implementation, however you also trim
a negative attribute of the language. Not to mention the
intuitive and readability gains.