Default Value

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:07:48 EDT 2013

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:12:01 PM UTC-5, rusi wrote:

> Python (and all the other 'cool' languages) dont have
> gotchas because someone malevolently put them there. In
> most cases, the problem is seen too late and the cost of
> changing entrenched code too great.

Okay. So now you are admitting the problem. That is a good
start. Thanks for being honest.

> Or the problem is clear, the solution is not etc etc.

Both the problem and solution are clear, however, the will to execute
the solution remains to be seem. Are you telling me we can
justify breaking backwards compatibility for the sake of
"print"[1] but we cannot justify breaking it for this
monstrosity? Come on Rusi, you've gone too far with the
comedy now.

[1]: FYI I personally think print as function is the correct implementation.