How much memory does Django consume compared to Rails?

Andriy Kornatskyy andriy.kornatskyy at live.com
Wed Jun 19 12:50:09 EDT 2013

A memory consumption by python web frameworks is relatively low. A `typical` web site developed using wheezy.web (a lightweight full-featured web framework) consumes about 14-23 Mb per worker on x86 platform. The django is not far from there.

A minimal django hello world application hosted in uWSGI application server:
11Mb master + N * 9.4Mb per worker

Andriy