A Beginner's Doubt

augustofec at gmail.com augustofec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 07:31:36 EDT 2013

Hello again!

Wow, I didn't  expect so many responses in a so short amount of time! You guys are amazing! All were very helpful, and after a quick read now I guess I can at least figure out a more focused path to achieve my goal.

I'm already checking the Tkinter tutorial, and as soon as I get a result I'll post it here to give a response :).

Yes, I forgot to mention some things: I have absolutely no knowledge about programming due to the fact that I'm a Visual Arts student, being my professor, accordingly, a Photography teacher with absolutely no idea of this field! He has, however, these kinds of 'multi-platform' projects, and since I was the fortunate student next to him when he came up with the idea, I got dragged into it.

The reason why I choose Python is that, once ago, I had some curiosity about 3D Modelling and game programming, which made me come across some texts praisng Python as an easy to learn and powerful language (despite the own concepts of an "easy" and "powerful" language being something quite vague for me :p).

That said, I would also like to apology for eventual typos and grammar errors since english is not my first language. By "side menu" I just imagined a menu in the left side of the screen, pretty much like the one in the Google groups page.

And by copying the image from the menu to the canvas, when dragging it, I imagined a way to just place it, like a stamp, on the blank area where the user can in fact interact with it trought the editing tools (resize, rotate, color etc..).

Well, once again I thank you all and by now I'm gonna study!