Tonight's meeting + s Database link

Kevin LaTona lists at studiosola.com
Tue Jun 18 01:55:28 EDT 2013

First off what a fun meeting it was tonight with a great conversation.

Let's do more of them.

Next this is the link to that JSON Database I mentioned but could not recall the name on.

http://www.rethinkdb.com/

RethinkDB overview

RethinkDB is built to store JSON documents, and scale to multiple machines with very little effort.

It has a pleasant query language that supports really useful queries like table joins and group by, and is easy to setup and learn.

See the highlights of RethinkDB

Simple programming model:
	• JSON data model and immediate consistency.
	• Distributed joins, subqueries, aggregation, atomic updates.
	• Secondary, compound, and arbitrarily computed indexes.
	• Hadoop-style map/reduce.

Easy administration:
	• Friendly web and command-line administration tools.
	• Takes care of machine failures and network interrupts.
	• Multi-datacenter replication and failover.

Horizontal scalability:
	• Sharding and replication to multiple nodes.
	• Queries are automatically parallelized and distributed.
	• Lock-free operation via MVCC concurrency.

RethinkDB compared to other databases:
	• Read the FAQ for information on architectural tradeoffs.
	• Find out how RethinkDB compares to MongoDB.
	• See our take on what makes RethinkDB different.