Using Python to automatically boot my computer at a specific time and play a podcast

inq1ltd inq1ltd at inqvista.com
Mon Jun 17 09:24:28 EDT 2013

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:06:08 PM C. N. Desrosiers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to buy a Macbook Air and I want to use it as a sort of alarm.
> I'd like to write a program that boots my computer at a specific time,
> loads iTunes, and starts playing a podcast.  Is this sort of thing possible
> in Python?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> CND

Up  to Jan 1, 2012 we had 6 computers that
were connected to timers.

The timers were set to come on at various times
during the day.  When the timer came on, the computer,
on boot up, ran a .BAT file that called our screen saver
which in turn launched another program.

I don't know about Mac but this was all written
on DOS machines.  With a little research and I'm sure it
could be done through the bios on a Mac.

The screen saver gave us time to opt out of the call to
another program. So, simply turning on a
machine could launch an OS file that will call
your python module.

Another approach is building a python screen saver that
reboots your computer at a specific time.  On reboot,
your OS calls a python screen saver with options,
as mentioned.

jd
inqvista.com