Using Python to automatically boot my computer at a specific time and play a podcast

Lefavor, Matthew (GSFC-582.0)[MICROTEL LLC] matthew.lefavor at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 17 11:02:49 EDT 2013

And as for launching iTunes and playing a Podcast, you should take a look at AppleScript. AppleScript is designed specifically for running and controlling Mac OS X applications—iTunes among them. (I once wrote a script to sync my iTunes play counts from last.fm, for example.)

You might also look at the Automator program (I guess it's still included on most Macs). It does mostly the same thing as Applescript (automate Mac processes) but it's graphical and doesn't do quite as much.

-MCL