Imports (in Py3), please help a novice

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 16 14:46:05 EDT 2013

Thanks for your reply, Miki.

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:50:53 AM UTC-7, Miki Tebeka wrote:
> > Is there an import / distutils tutorial out there?  I'm looking for it, but perhaps one of you already knows where to find it.  Thanks!
>
> Did you have a look at http://docs.python.org/3.3/distutils/examples.html?

I wrote: "I've just spent the past few hours trying to read the distutils documentation..." but I didn't quite get as far as Section 7, the Examples.  I was trying to RTFM linearly, beginning (naturally) at the beginning:

http://docs.python.org/3.3/distutils/introduction.html

I see some new things in the Examples section that I might try.

> Another thing to do is to look at what other packages on PyPi are doing.

That's what I was trying to do by looking at numpy, matplotlib, and wx on my own system -- but they are all too complex.  I'll have a look at PyPI, and with luck I will find some simpler examples.  Thanks!