Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 17:43:11 EDT 2013

On 15/06/2013 22:29, lucabrasi154 at gmail.com wrote:
> I get this error when I try to save .dxf files in Inkscape:
>
> Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
>
> Then it seems to recover but it doesn't really recover. It saves the files and then DraftSite won't open them. Here is what the thing says when Inkscape tried to fix the saving problem.
>
> File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Inkscape\python\Lib\encodings\__init__.py", line 123
> raise CodecRegistryError,\
> ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Here are my computer specs if you need them:
>
> Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
> OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
> Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
> Processor Count: 6
> RAM: 16330 Mb
> Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, 1024 Mb
> Hard Drives: C: Total - 239806 MB, Free - 39808 MB; D: Total - 61553 MB, Free - 46085 MB; F: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1461558 MB;
> Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97
> Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I posted on another forum http://forums.techguy.org  but no one answered, as of yet anyway.  It is kind of weird because they answer everything. So I am assuming only Python users might know.
>
> Thank you for considering my problem.

Your Python version would help :)  How did you install Inkscape?  It
looks strange to see it in Program Files, I'd normally expect to see it
in the site packages directory.

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence