nimsg -- the Network Instant MeSsenGer

Hunter D jhunter.dunefsky at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 08:50:07 EDT 2013

Some time ago, I posted the code to a p2p instant messaging program to this newsgroup.  It was abandoned by me shortly after I posted (no reason, just wanted to work on other things).  Anyways, I've worked on this program __a lot__ since I posted it here (including giving the program a name change).  The program is now known as "nimsg -- the Network Instant MeSsenGer".  So, I thought that I would give everybody here a link to the code:
https://github.com/dryad-code/nimsg

Features:
Multiple people can chat at the same time (there is no limit),
People can pick nicknames to use, and
You can post multiple times in a row.

nimsg can be used as an alternative for IRC, for those times that you just want to have a small, local chat room.

nimsg was written in Python 2.7.3, and does not require any non-standard libraries or modules.

Happy hacking!
Hunter D