Eval of expr with 'or' and 'and' within

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Jun 14 14:03:15 EDT 2013

Op 14-06-13 18:09, Steven D'Aprano schreef:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:14:16 +0100, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> On 2013-06-14 10:50, Nick the Gr33k wrote:
> [snip question]
>>> This is all iw ant to know.
>>
>> This is all you need to read:
>>
>>     http://docs.python.org/2/reference/expressions.html#boolean-
> operations
>

> Thank you Robert for contributing a helpful response.
>
> To everyone else... I know that Nikos' posts are draining. Sometimes he
> brings me to the brink of despair too. But if you aren't part of the
> solution, you are part of the problem: writing short-tempered, insulting
> posts after short-tempered, insulting post doesn't teach him, it just
> adds to EVERYBODY'S frustration with this never-ending serious of threads.

That depends on your view. Maybe there are people who view you as part
of the problem because you keep giving Nikos hope other people will
solve his problems without him having to do anything significant himself.

> Please keep the snarky comments offlist. Contribute something helpful if
> you like, mute the thread or killfile Nikos if you must, but adding to
> the volume of unproductive junk doesn't do anyone any favour.

In my opinion the only really helpful thing would be to ignore nikos. He
has been given plenty or links, to read through in order to better his
understanding and i think it is about time people made it clear they
would no longer spoon feed him. Since that is probably not going to
happen and you will probably continue contributing to the annoyance
of other list members by continuing "helping" nikos, I don'y see why
other can't continue to the annoyance in a away that they themselves may
find somewhat amusing.

--
Antoon Pardon.