Any speech to text conversation python library for Linux and mac box

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jun 13 02:35:19 EDT 2013

Ranjith Kumar <ranjithtenz at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for speech to text conversation python library for linux and
> mac box, I found few libraries but non of them supports any of these
> platform.
> I found following libraries speech, dragonfly and pyspeech supports only
> windows and sphinx for linux.

You will not do the speech analysis directly in Python - you
always will do that in an external library.
Thus, your first (not Python related) task is to find
such a library available for the platforms you are concerned about.

Then you find out how this library can be used by applications.
Should the library provide a C level interface, then
it is not too difficult to use "Cython" to realize a Python bridge
for it.
Should the library provide a process based interface, then
you can use Python's "subprocess" module.