Version Control Software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:26:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> The last time we made the choice (4-5 years ago), Windows support for
> get, bzr, and hg was definitely lacking compared to svn.  The lack of
> something like tortoisesvn for hg/git/bzr was a killer.  It looks like
> the situation has improved since then, but I'd be curious to hear from
> people who do their development on Windows.

I do almost exclusively Linux dev, but occasionally nip onto Windows
for one reason or another (possibly inside a virtual machine). It's
possible to get git for Windows, including gitk and 'git gui' (not
sure about any other graphical tools, they're the only two I use), but
the most convenient way to use them is from a ported bash.
Fortunately, the installer will provide all of that, putting a 'Git
Bash' entry into the Start menu, and for someone who's come from Linux
anyway, working in bash is quite welcome.

ChrisA