Version Control Software

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jun 16 05:15:43 EDT 2013

On 6/16/2013 1:29 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Steven D'Aprano

>> If you're bringing in the *entire* CPython code base, as shown here:
>>
>> http://hg.python.org/

This is the python.org collection of repositories, not just cpython.

>> keep in mind that it includes the equivalent of four independent
>> implementations:
>>
>> - CPython 2.x
>> - CPython 3.x

>> - Stackless
>> - Jython
>
> Hrm. Why are there other Pythons in the cpython repository?

There are not. The cpython repository
http://hg.python.org/cpython/
only contains cpython. As I write, the last revision is 84110. Windows
says that my cpython clone has about 1400 folders, 15000 files, and 500
million bytes

--
Terry Jan Reedy