Version Control Software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 01:53:42 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Tim Delaney
<timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can absolutely confirm how much ClearCase slows things down. I completely
> refused to use dynamic views for several reasons - #1 being that if you lost
> your network connection you couldn't work at all...

And that right there is why modern source control systems are
distributed, not centralized. It's so much easier with git; we lost
our central hub at one point, and another dev and I simply pulled from
each other for a bit until we got a new Scaphio online. With
centralized version control, that would have basically meant a
complete outage until the new box was up.

ChrisA