Version Control Software

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 02:43:46 EDT 2013

On Jun 13, 11:00 am, cutems93 <ms2... at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Thank you everyone for such helpful responses! Actually, I have one more question. Does anybody have experience with closed source version control software? If so, why did you buy it instead of downloading open source software? Does closed source vcs have some benefits over open source in some part?
>
> Thanks!
> MinS

Not too many people who buy expensive software use it.
Those who use it, have usually not been party to buying it.

The first are usually called 'boss'.
The second, 'programmer' or some euphemism for that like 'software-
engineer.'

As to your question about vcs, there is also fossil:
http://www.fossil-scm.org/xfer/doc/trunk/www/fossil-v-git.wiki