My son wants me to teach him Python

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:36:29 EDT 2013

On Jun 13, 9:50 pm, Tomasz Rola <rto... at ceti.pl> wrote:
> I've reposted on another list and got this reply. At first I was sceptic
> a bit, but for the sake of completeness, here goes. Processing language
> seems to be interesting in its own right. Examples are Java-flavoured,
> images are ok.
>
> Regards,
> Tomasz Rola
>
> --
> ** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature.      **
> ** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home    **
> ** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened...      **
> **                                                                 **
> ** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r... at bigfoot.com             **

All kids can be fit into the stereotype -- 'kid'??

I can tell you after 25 years teaching programming --
Some kids will take to FP, others will not
Some will take to C, some wont
Some will take to C AND C++, some will take to only one
The majority are ok with python, some hate it

One of my long term projects is to take a type classification like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator
and see how it maps to a person's potential as a programmer