My son wants me to teach him Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 13:14:17 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> My favorite current challenge for an IDE designer is
> concatenating text files. This is a one-liner, even with cmd.exe,
> but I don't even know how to do it in Explorer. I'd have to use X
> number of text editing sessions.

Good point! Or, more generally:

HOW, with a standard point-and-squirt UI, do you invoke one specific
program with two specific data files? Sometimes you can drag two files
onto one program, but usually that involves two separate invocations
of the program, once for each. In theory you could have a concatenator
app, but how do you tell it when you're finished one concatenation and
want to start another? Time delay? Seems clunky and prone to doing the
wrong thing.

ChrisA