My son wants me to teach him Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 00:05:00 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:18:57 PM UTC-5, Joshua Landau wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> GUI is boring. I don't give a damn about that. If I had it
>> my way, I'd never write any interfaces again (although
>> designing them is fine). Console interaction is faster to
>> do and it lets me do the stuff I *want* to do quicker.
>
> And are you willing to provide *proof* that the console is
> faster? Or is this merely just your "opinion"? I would be
> ready and willing to compete in a "Pepsi challenge" to
> disprove your claim if needed.  For instance, if i want to
> open a text file on my machine, i merely navigate to the
> file via my file browser interface, using clicks along the
> way, and then the final double click will open the text file
> using it's default program.

Also - Show me an efficient way, with a GUI, to invoke any file with
any program with any parameters, without cheating and using something
like Alt-F2 to enter a command line. Your solution must be utterly
generic. I need to be able to tail -F and tail -f a file.

ChrisA