Python biases [was Re: My son wants me to teach him Python]

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jun 13 20:44:11 EDT 2013

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:37:34 -0700, rusi wrote:

> Python-the-language has strengths that are undermined by the biases in
> the culture of Python.

This implies that there are strengths in Python-the-language which are
not just missed or ignored by Python programmers immersed in the culture,
but actively (if unconsciously) fought against.

As someone immersed in that culture, and therefore at risk of being
unaware of my biases, I am *very* curious as to what you think they are,
and what strengths of Python you think I might be missing.

--
Steven