My son wants me to teach him Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 04:43:10 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM, TP <wingusr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also Chris has an "unnatural" abhorrence of Python 2.7 :) --- at least as
> far as learning Python books.

Thanks for hunting that thread down, I probably should have back when
I mentioned it :)

As to my abhorrence of Py2 - I don't hate the language (and do use it
at times), but if someone's going to learn programming, s/he should
really learn from something with native Unicode strings. Yes, you
could use Python 2 and open with some future directives, but unless
the course/book is written with that in mind, you'll end up having to
unlearn and relearn to master true Unicode handling. No point doing
that when you can just learn on Python 3!

ChrisA