Turnign greek-iso filenames => utf-8 iso

Νικόλαος Κούρας support at superhost.gr
Thu Jun 13 12:20:06 EDT 2013

On 13/6/2013 5:16 μμ, Zero Piraeus wrote:
> :
>
>> Steven, i can create a normal user account for you and copy files.py into
>> your home folder if you want to take a look from within.
>
> Nikos, please, DO NOT DO THIS.
>
> It must be clear to you that Steven is *much* more experienced than
> you. Your presumptions about what he can and can't do with the access
> you give him are therefore not much more than uninformed guesswork.

But iam not offering Steven full root access, but restricted user level
access. Are you implying that for example one could elevate his
privileges to root level access form within a normal restricted user
account?

> You have already been give a lesson about trusting the care of your
> (and by extension your clients) resources to people you don't know,
> and Chris, who gave you that lesson, is telling you that the course of
> action you propose is unwise.
>
> Steven has given every impression, over a long period, of being one of
> the good guys, but *you don't know him*, and *you don't have any kind
> of legal agreement with him* that would protect you should he turn out
> to be malicious[1].

He is the only one helping me so far, to my hundreds of questiosn and in
detail. He also the only one that didn't made fun of me because being
inexperienced by making funny jokes at my expense.

I trust him.

Also there is no other way of me solving this, so i have no other
alternative and i *must* solve this its over 15 days i'am trying with
this encoding issues, let alone years of trouble in various other scripts.