Turnign greek-iso filenames => utf-8 iso

Νικόλαος Κούρας support at superhost.gr
Wed Jun 12 05:24:24 EDT 2013

On 12/6/2013 12:17 μμ, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:00:38 +0300, Νικόλαος Κούρας wrote:

>>> Wrong. The output is:
>>>
>>> Internal Server Error
>>
>> print( filenames )
>> sys.exit(0)
>>

>> No it dosnt not, it loads properly and if you visit it again you will
>> see all the files being displayed since now i:
>
> Wrong again. It still gives Internal Error. I have just revisited the
> page three times now, and every time it still fails.
>
> I am not lying, I am not making this up. Here is the text:
>

> Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, support at superhost.gr and inform
> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
> that may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error
> log.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
> Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips
> mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at
> superhost.gr Port 80

I know that you do not lie and also i think i know why *you*
specifically can load my webiste.

i think your ip address does not have a PTR entry (reverse DNS entry)

and when you try to laod superhost.gr this lines fail for you and hece
it errs out an internal server error.

host = socket.gethostbyaddr( os.environ['REMOTE_ADDR'] )[0]

i just switched the above line to to avoid missing PTRs

host = socket.gethostbyaddr( os.environ['REMOTE_ADDR'] )[0] or 'UnResolved'

Try now please.