Why doesn't nose see my plugin?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Jun 11 21:43:05 EDT 2013

In article
<69d4486b-d2ff-4830-b16e-f3f6ea73d494 at kt20g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
 alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 10:54 am, Roy Smith <r... at panix.com> wrote:
> > I'm attempting to write a nose plugin.  Nosetests (version 1.3.0) is not
> > seeing it.
> >
> > setup(
>
> >     entry_points = {
> >         'nose.plugins.1.10': ['mongoreporter =
> > mongo_reporter.MongoReporter'],
> >         },
>
> Hey Roy,
>
> I've never actually written a nose plugin so this is a wild stab in
> the dark, but should the entry point be 'nose.plugins.1.3.0' in order
> to reflect the version of nose?

I took the above directly from the example in
https://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/writing.html

Just to see what would happen, I tried changing it to:

    entry_points = {
        'nose.plugins.1.3.0': ['mongoreporter =
testing.nose.mongo_reporter.MongoReporter'],
        },

didn't appear to make any difference.  I'm still trying to wrap my head
completely around setuptools.  I haven't fully figured out how the entry
points stuff works.