Variables versus name bindings [Re: A certainl part of an if() structure never gets executed.]

Νίκος support at superhost.gr
Tue Jun 18 05:51:12 EDT 2013

Στις 18/6/2013 12:05 μμ, ο/η Steven D'Aprano έγραψε:
> Names are *always* linked to objects, not to other names.
>
> a = []
> b = a  # Now a and b refer to the same list
> a = {} # Now a refers to a dict, and b refers to the same list as before

I see, thank you Steven.

But since this is a fact how do you create complicated data structures
that rely on various variables pointing one to another liek we did in
C++(cannot recall their names) ?

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!