A certainl part of an if() structure never gets executed.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:15:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM,  <feedthetroll at gmx.de> wrote:
> If you still don't know why you get "0" read:
>   http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_option_value.asp (or something in
>   greek about html forms)
> (Sorry, I know, you do not read doks, because they describe what the software
> DOES and not what you WANT it to DO)

Please try to avoid linking to w3schools; it has a number of flaws,
which are distinctly off-topic for this list, but mainly it is
non-authoritative. Equivalent and usually more thorough information
can be found in other places, such as Mozilla's Developer pages:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/option

Though he probably won't read it whatever the page is, so this is for
the archives more than anything else.

ChrisA