Redirecting to a third party site with injected HTML

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Jun 9 14:53:21 EDT 2013

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:22:17 PM UTC+3, Fábio Santos wrote:
>> This does not seem like a python question, instead a HTML/JavaScript
one.

In article <0021fabe-78ed-4e79-8cdf-468b4ccc7a71 at googlegroups.com>,
 guytamir1 at gmail.com wrote:

> its a python question since the request is received on a python server and i
> thought that there may be a way to so from the server that sends the response to the
> user...

There are two layers to this question.  The first is a
HTTP/HTML/Javascript question.  That question is:

"i want to receive a request from a user and to redirect him to a third
party site, but on the page after i redirect my users i want to them to
see injected html (on the third party site.)  What HTML, and/or
Javascript, and/or HTTP headers do I need to send to make that happen?

The second layer is a Python question:

"How do I write something in Python which causes the above
HTML/Javascript/HTTP to get sent?"

Until you can find an answer for the first question, it's not worth
asking the second question.  And the answer to the first question won't
be found on a python group.